Recently, an article in the Boston Globe was brought to my attention by a patient of mine. It was in reference to opioid-related deaths in Massachusetts. “The report by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health found that nearly a quarter of overdose deaths in a five-year period occurred among people, mostly men, who work in … Continue reading Physical Therapy Can Impact the Opioid Epidemic
Where the heck is my back pain coming from? What I was taught in PT school was that back pain was mechanical. It was coming from a muscle imbalance, tight hamstrings, tissue damage, a weak core, an unstable lumbar spine, etc. This directed treatment around a biomedical approach.
Low back pain is one of the leading causes of work-related disability and activity limitations around the world, as well as one of the highest reasons for rising healthcare cost.
When I tell people I have an assistant, their eyebrows raise and they look impressed. Not going to lie, It is pretty cool to say, “Oh, yes, my assistant will send that to you by the end of the week...”
The importance of making the connection. This post is not only directed towards my clients to help you understand my treatment style, but also my fellow providers. As providers, we can not forget WHY we do what we do...
As year one comes to a close, I have had time to look back and reflect. What a year it has been! If you had asked me 2 years ago if I thought I would ever want to open my own clinic, I would have laughed and said, “...absolutely not”. I was convinced that I would be working under someone else for the rest of my life versus becoming a small business owner. Little did I know, my future would look very different.
“So, do you take insurance?” This is one of the most common questions that a new patient asks me. My answer is no, I am not contracted by any insurance companies. However, if your plan has out-of-network benefits, your treatment may have the potential to be reimbursed. Why is this such a common question? … Continue reading “So, do you take insurance?”
There are plenty of self treatment strategies and ideas that I give to many of my patients to treat their pain. One of the most important things that every patient should know about PT is the 99:1 Rule. The time spent in the clinic accounts for 1%, The other 99% is the time spent making positive changes on your symptoms. That 99% holds much more value than any time spent with your therapist. Here are some of my favorite tips and tricks to fix neck pain and optimize your 99%.
Neck pain is not normal and should not be looked at as something that you just have to live with.
My new location! The address is 293 Libbey Industrial Parkway, Weymouth, MA 02189. It is a 1-story brick building located just up the street and across the road from CrossFit 781. You will find the entrance where the blue dot is on the image. Buidling Directions: 1. Look for the door numbered … Continue reading New Location